What is Microneedling?
Collagen Induction Therapy System that uses fine needles and a specialized medical device, called a micro-needling pen to systematically puncture the skin which initiates a healing response. As your skin heals, it will appear smoother, more radiant and more youthful by building collagen and elastin. A series of five will give optimal results in combination with at home skin care.
- Microneedling works by penetrating the skin, so there is no heat necessary, as with a laser.
- The depth at which the needles penetrate can be adjusted depending on the patient’s unique features.
- Areas appropriate for treatment include the face, neck, chest, arms, legs, belly, and back.
- The process has also been known to improve the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and stretch marks.
Wrinkles form over time as the skin loses two natural components—collagen and elastin—due to aging, sun exposure, and other factors. Sufficient damage to the epidermis can trigger the formation of scars. Microneedling is also known as “collagen-induction therapy” because it is designed to stimulate the body’s own collagen production. Once induced, the skin’s natural healing process can continue working for months to restore a youthful appearance to problem areas.
Client will first receive a topical gel on the skin to numb the area to be treated. After skin is numb, our esthetician will use the pen like device containing the pins across the area in a fluid motion. One session can last up to half an hour, and multiple sessions separated by weeks may be necessary, depending on the depth and severity of the scars and wrinkles to be treated.
- Quick, comfortable treatment.
- Customizable to your skin needs.
- Safe and effective for all skin types.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improves acne scars.
- Stretch marks
- Facial pore size
- Effective for repairing sun damaged skin.
- Beautifully refined, Natural-looking skin with long-lasting results.
Recovery Process for Microneedling:
While there are several factors that can impact the healing time necessary after a microneedling session, patients can generally expect their skin to look as though they have a moderate to severe sunburn and skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Typical side effects include redness and some swelling, these side effects usually lessen 48-72 hours after the treatment.
What are the contraindications for this treatment?
Patient may not receive a treatment with the following conditions:
- Open sores or lesions
- Skin cancer
- Broken or irritated skin, including conditions such as hives or dermatitis
- Any stage of melanoma
- Raised Surface
- Active Acne
- Any type of skin infections
- Blood Thinner
- Pregnant or breast feeding.
- *Discontinue Retinol 7 days prior to treatment.
Series of 5 just $1,445
($289 per treatment with package)
*Savings of $305*